Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Ultimate Holiday

Forgive me friends, for I have sinned. It's been almost a week since my last post. How did that happen? Pinky swear I'll try harder because there's so much fun stuff I want to talk about! I just need maybe 10 extra hours in the day to get it all done. Or the cancellation of at least one reality TV show. Either would be fine.

So. Anyway. Have y'all heard? Thanksgiving and the start of Hanukkah fall on the same day this year. It's like the perfect storm of holidays. It's huge. It's a once in a lifetime occurrence. It's THANKSGIVUKKAH.

The interwebs have been all aflutter. There are recipe mash-ups (pretty sure I'll be making these, or maybe a cake with this, and I need some kind soul to loan me her bubbe to make me these), t-shirts (H will be sporting this one), even menurkeys. I cannot begin to express my disappointment over the fact that the Mensch on the Bench is sold out until 2014. Elf on the Shelf? Creepy. Mensch on the Bench? Adorable.

My cousin (Hi, Sarah!) and her husband are hosting our family Thanksgiving this year. They have an absolutely gorgeous home large enough to accommodate running children and napping husbands. As I've mentioned before, our home is tiny. Teensy. Itty bitty. Someday I know we'll have a house that is large enough for entertaining, because as a southern gal, I love a good soiree! In the meantime, I whipped up a little inspiration board for a Thanksgivukkah dinner at my pretend pad. Our family get togethers are always low-key, so the vision I had was for a casual meal where everyone brings a family favorite and we all gather together to enjoy good company and good food. Because isn't that what every family meal should be?

I am thankful for every single one of you (all three of you!) for stopping by to read what I send out into the world wide web. Y'all are fabulous, and I hope you keep coming back. Invite your friends!

Gobble Tov! XOXO

Platter; Table Runner; Napkin Ring; Napkin Pestemal; Serving Stand; Chambray Tablecloth; Etched Wine Glass; Churchill China in Tonquin Brown (no longer available); Mother of Pearl Inlaid Flatware; Juliska Stoneware; Hanukkah Candles

No comments:

Post a Comment