Wednesday, April 16, 2014

You Get a Basket! You Get a Basket! You Get a Basket!

Hi everyone! I am so excited about Easter. In my opinion, it's the loveliest holiday. Fabulous dresses and dapper suits, the pretty pastel colors, the abundance of chocolate, the abundance of chocolate in pretty pastel colors (I mean, seriously, who can resist Cadbury Mini Eggs?), and the freedom to wear white with abandon from now till Labor Day. There's a lot to love, am I right?

With Easter, Christmas, and birthdays, we try to follow this gift-giving mantra:

Something you Want
Something you Need
Something you Wear
Something you Read

Those Darn Squirrel books; Sneaky Snacky Squirrel game; Pottery Barn Kids basket; Eleni's bunny cookies; Gap denim shorts; Melissa & Doug Whittle World School Bus play set

H is always up for a new toy, especially one with wheels. If you read this post, you'll know we are working on social communication, and pretend play is a great way to encourage that. I think the little figures that come with the school bus will provide lots of entertainment. The Sneaky Snacky Squirrel game helps with fine motor skills, which we're also working to improve. And since the Adam Rubin books were about squirrels as well, I thought I'd keep with a little bit of a theme. I've heard lots of good things about his books. H is not much of a candy guy (he definitely did not inherit my sweet tooth), but he loves a sugar cookie. The bunnies from Eleni's are just adorable. And speaking of adorable, those Gap denim shorts? Yep, pretty darn cute.

In case the Easter Bunny is reading this, I have a few suggestions for a basket for the hubs, too...

Red Jacket  Hiroshima Carp tee; Pisgah Pale Ale growler (local brews rule!); Justified Season 4; Kettle Chips; The Art of Shaving After Shave Lotion and Shaving Cream
T is a huge fan of Red Jacket tees. They are seriously the softest cotton and they hold up really well. Pisgah Brewing is one of many local breweries here in Asheville, and we served their Pale Ale at our wedding. It's been one of our favorites since they launched in 2008. We are huge fans of Justified, but we stay a season behind. It's the perfect show for binge watching, though. And now that spring has sprung, my hubs will be shaving the beard he's been growing since Halloween. Everything from the Art of Shaving line smells fantastic, thanks to 100% pure essential oils.

And in case my husband the Easter Bunny is still reading, I threw together a few things for myself when I'm hopping down the bunny trail.

J.Crew Chambray Head Scarf; iomoi #whatshappeningnow #happybunny tote; Where'd You Go, Bernadette?; 10% Happier; The Ropes of Maine bracelets; French Broad Chocolate Lounge Peanut Butter Eggs
I've been trying to grow out my bangs for.ev.er. and they've reached that awful spot where they're too long to do a sideswept look well, but too short to tuck behind my ears. Ugh. A cute headband will (hopefully) help me maintain my sanity. If you aren't familiar with iomoi, go have a look around now. Their motto, "tradition with a wink" is my style to a T, and so is that tote! It would be perfect for tossing in a book and juice box or two for a trip to the park. Shana Ready's instagram feed makes me want to spend the summer sailing in Maine, but maybe a bracelet or two will give me a fix. And there's pretty much no place else that satisfies my sweet tooth like Asheville's French Broad Chocolate Lounge. Reese's ain't got nothin' on those eggs, y'all!

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment