Friday, February 28, 2014

What to Wear: Now & Later

Sorry for the lack of posts this week. Work was completely nuts and I've been trying to unplug more at home, but I'm hoping to make it up to y'all with something good today!

Around this time every year, I start to hate everything in my closet. I'm tired of bundling up, tired of sweaters, tired of boots, tired of flannel. So apparently I'm tired of being an 82 year old man, but you know what I mean. Add to that the fact that it's that tricky stretch between seasons, and I feel like I am dressing like a bona fide wackadoo. But I found something this weekend that might save my sanity, friends.

The magic tunic.

Have you ever bought a shirt, a pair of jeans, some article of clothing that is not only flattering, it makes all your trouble spots (real or perceived) seem to disappear? I found my miracle piece this weekend. This tunic nips in just enough at the waist, hits at just the right place to minimize my thighs, and it's just the right weight that I can wear it now in cooler weather and later when spring finally arrives. It's the Goldilocks of tops! I thought I'd share a little styling inspiration to show how I wear it now, and how I'll wear it later.

J.Crew Factory Chambray Tunic; Stella & Dot Phoenix Necklace and Various Bracelets; Flash Lens Ray-Ban Aviators; Michael Kors Turquoise Hoops (on sale!); Gold and Gray Wood Bracelets; Chan Luu Skull Bangle; 7 for All Mankind Slim Illusion Jeans; Sam Edelman Gigi Sandals in New Nude Leopard; Essie Polish in Geranium (my all time favorite!); Michael Kors Watch Hunger Stop Watch; Old Navy Booties (no longer available); J.Crew Leggings (amazing fit!)
Happy weekend, friends! XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment