Friday, February 7, 2014

Five on Friday - Things I Heart Right Now

Happy Friday, friends! Thanks and praises be for a week with no school closures--seriously, I thought we might be on the verge of a revolution last week being cooped up in the house so much. Tensions were high. There was much unrest. H started referring to himself as Che. OK, not really, but you get the idea. Very grateful for some improvement in the weather, although I don't think we're completely past the polar vortex just yet. Ugh.

Anyway. I wanted to share a handful of things I'm loving right now, in real life and on the interwebs...

1. Weleda Skin Food
Winter weather absolutely wrecks my hands. It doesn't help that I tend to leave the house without wearing gloves--not because I don't have any (I do, including a gorgeous pair of cashmere-lined leather ones my mom gave me for Christmas after seeing my chapped, dry hands at Thanksgiving one year), but because I consistently forget them or I'm in such a rush to get out the door that I can't be bothered. Enter this amazing cream. It's pretty much the only thing keeping my hands from looking like something out of a horror movie. I get mine at Target, but you can also find it online at places like drugstore.com or Amazon, or in health food stores.

2. Coola Liplux in Peppermint Vanilla
Like 99% of women, I have more lip balms than I can count, most of them used once or twice then tossed to the side when I find a new one to try. But Coola's Liplux has become my staple. As in, I keep one in my purse, one on my nightstand, one in my makeup bag, and one in my desk drawer at work. It's smooth (read: not waxy like so many lip balms out there) and the peppermint vanilla scent (flavor?) is just right (read: delicious and ever-so-slightly tingly, not at all cloying). You can find it online here.

3. Catbird NYC Elfin Studs
Lately I've been obsessed with the idea of getting a third (and maybe fourth) hole pierced in my left ear. These teensy studs would be just the thing I'd want to wear. 

4. Greythread "Do Small Things" Tee
I've been looking for spring clothes for H (which I'm planning to blog about next week!) and I went down the etsy rabbit hole and came out with this adorable gem. And the best part? They have a brick & mortar storefront in Georgia--in the same town where my mom lives! Like we needed another excuse for a weekend trip to GiGi's. Also, this shirt will soon be on heavy weekend rotation in my wardrobe. Embrace messy hair, y'all. 

5. The Ultimate Anna Wintour GIFs (via The Cut)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, the Winter Olympics started today, but for many of us, the games take a backseat to the high holy days of New York Fashion Week. I mean, who needs ice skating when you have the Ice Queen herself? The mavens at The Cut pulled La Wintour's best withering gazes via this collection of gifs for our viewing pleasure. Enjoy, and in the true spirit of sportsmanship, remember: "If you can't be better than your competition, just dress better than them." -AW

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! XO

2 comments:

  1. Love those little cute earrings!! And the Skin Food. I've been using Yes to Carrots hand creme, which is also super rich, but not greasy. But we're almost out it already because the husband steals it... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you the first time I saw the earrings! I might need you to come with me for moral support and hand-holding when I get the third (and fourth?!) holes pierced. XO

      Delete